Good Morning Lake Country
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Views Forum

Go down

News and Views Forum Empty News and Views Forum

Post  W.J. Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:16 am

I woke up around 5am on Valentine's day. Everyone in the house was still asleep and I didn't have anything to do so I decided to create this addition to the Good Morning Lake Country website. I felt like we needed to add an area where listeners could go to post messages for further discussion of on-air topics or topics that interest them. I hope that you'll agree. Since this is an open forum there need to be a few rules to ensure that it is used for the purpose for which it was intended. They are simple, common sense, and if they are followed will make this an enjoyable place to visit for all.

1. We all have an opinion. Free expression of opinions is our greatest freedom. You'll either agree, disagree, or care less about an opinion. As you use this site to discuss things it's your duty to be respectful of an opinion you don't agree with. Articulate your argument without resorting to words like stupid, idiotic, or moron. You validate your opinion by making valid points. If not, you just agree to disagree. Keep this in mind when you reply to the opinions of others. Bottom line: Respect the opinions of others even if you don't agree with them.

2. The forums are for lively, thoughtful discussions, not hostility. They WILL NOT BE used to make PERSONAL ATTACKS on ANYONE! I will moderate these forums and I guarantee that I will kick or ban anyone who posts a message that I feel is a personal attack on someone else. Don't like it? Go somewhere else. Very Happy

3. Post in the correct forum. If you feel that a new area is needed for additional topics let me know and I'll add it. I don't want to spend all my time moving messages to the correct area. I'd rather spend my time discussing, ranting, and arguing about things people post! Smile

4. Don't 'hijack' a topic. If you want to talk about something new, post a new topic. Don't hit reply to a message to change the topic of the discussion.

5. Language. English only please ! (just kidding). Don't cuss. I won't do it, you won't either. If you have to use a curse word to express your opinion then you need to re-think your opinion. I know that you are articulate enough to convey your message without resorting to profanity. I want to make this site an area where everyone is heard. I don't want to exclude anyone. People need to know that when they come here to read or post that they won't endure pages of offensive language. Enough said.

6. Anonymity. No one can post without registering first. If you want to post anonymous messages go to the local newspaper's Sound-Off! section. This is a place where people who care about their community express their opinions. When I say something I want people to know who said it. If you're afraid of backlash for expressing your opinion you probably shouldn't be posting in the first place.

That's it, so far. I want to keep things as simple as I can for everyone. Have fun. Use this site as a way to create lively discussion, express your opinion, and make your voice heard (so to speak).

W.J.

W.J.
Admin

http://wptm.podzone.net

Back to top Go down